Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike and getting a big thrill out of it is for the hardy and the fittest adventure seekers. And Nepal is just the place for such high spirited people. Beginning right here in the Kathmandu valley, there are endless possibilities for bikers.
The dirt trails up and down the valley lead to far flung settlements with great views along the way as the fields are covered in lush green and mountains appear in the distance as you climb to higher elevations. Out of the valley there are terraced hillsides, waterfalls and better views of mountains that loom large in the background. Or if you choose to ride in the mountains, there are serene valleys, pristine glacial lakes and you’re ever so close to the Himalaya. And the ever-smiling people who greet you along the way will warm your hearts enough to make you want to stay.
It’s a great way to discover the heart and soul of Nepal. Hard core bikers can go all the way to Tibet. There are many agencies that lead organized trips to most destinations in Nepal as well as to Tibet.
The popular destinations around the valley are Bhaktapur, Sankhu, Budanilkantha, Nagarkot and the Kathmandu Valley Rim. Pokhara is fascinating for bike rides with its incredible natural beauty.
Each year there are Mountain Biking Championships held in Kathmandu and Pokhara in which many tourists also take part.
- Welcome in Airport by garland
- Airport Pick up & Drop Transportation by private vehicle
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu in 2 star to 5 star hotel with breakfast
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu Escorted with English Speaking Guide & Entrance fee
- Two-way ticket in domestic fixed wings Air craft, Kathmandu by local bus or private jeep which ever is required.
- Accommodation in tea house during trek, lodge and Home-stay
- All necessary paper work & Permits
- All cost for a staff (A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder English Speaking guide and one Porter between each two clients while on trek )
- Salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of trekking staff
- National Park Fee
- First aids kit
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- Farewell dinner
Cost Does not Include:
- International Airfare
- Nepal Visa fee (US$ 40 per person for 30 days)
- Airport Departure taxes/Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch/Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Personal spending money.
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire)
- Client's insurance, Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, Tips etc.
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual